Don’t Miss These Presenters at the Spring Conference & Meetings!
Register today to hear from Arjun Chakravarti, managing director and principal at COGKNITION, a strategy and analytics consultancy based in Chicago; and David Magaña, vice president and senior analyst for Rabobank’s RaboResearch Food & Agribusiness group, as well as other luminaries.
Since the start of the pandemic a year ago, nearly everything about the possibilities for blueberries has changed. That’s why at our NABC/USHBC Spring Conference + Meetings you’ll hear from key voices who will provide insight and analysis on where we’re headed and what to expect in the future.
You don’t want to miss these key sessions and dozens of others to learn how we can continue boosting the possibilities for blueberries! Stay tuned as we announce all of our speakers and our full program later this month.
2021 Blue Crew Members Announced
USHBC is thrilled to announce the 2021 Blue Crew: six registered dietitians and allied health professionals who will promote the benefits of blue in recipe blog posts, social media promotions and more to their consumer and health professional audiences throughout the year. Stay tuned for more to come around our Grab a Boost of Blue “power periods,” including Frozen Food Month in March and National Blueberry Month in July!
Meet our blueberry loving partners:
- Kristamarie Collman, MD: Family medicine physician, and founder and CEO at Prōse Medical
- Maya Feller, MS, RD, CDN: Registered dietitian and owner at Maya Feller Nutrition, Inc.
- Andrea Mathis, MA, RDN, LD: Registered dietitian and owner at Beautiful Eats and Things
- Maggie Michalczyk, RDN: Registered dietitian and founder at Once Upon A Pumpkin
- Lisa Mosconi, PhD: Director of the Women’s Brain Initiative, associate professor of neuroscience in neurology and radiology, and associate director of the Alzheimer’s Prevention Clinic at Weill Cornell Medical College/NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Mary Ellen Phipps, MPH, RDN, LD: Registered dietitian and owner at Milk & Honey Nutrition
The Blue Crew consistently creates an ongoing cadence of content on their own channels and USHBC’s channels, promoting health messaging to our target consumers to inspire them to buy and eat more blueberries.
In light of American Heart Month, members of the Blue Crew are already at work to spread the message that blueberries, as part of an overall healthy lifestyle and eating pattern, can help prevent cardiovascular disease. Blue Crew partner Maya Feller, MS, RDN, CDN, spoke to a number of consumer publications about blueberries and heart health, which resulted in two articles to date in consumer lifestyle publications:
- Eat This Not That: The One Food to Eat to Avoid Heart Disease, According to RDs
- The Beet, The One Fruit You Should Eat Now to Prevent Disease & Burn Fat, Says an RD
Stay tuned for more to come throughout the year.
* These articles are for sharing purposes only. Specific views and opinions expressed in news articles do not represent the views of the USHBC.